mercredi 25 juin 2008

VoIP is so exciting

Back to VoIP testing.

I (re)tested SJPhone 1.65 at home. It is a very good softphone.

But it has a annoying drawback: it can only register to one account at a time. I currently have freephonie.net, VoXaLot (eu), and FreeWorldDialup account. I only can register one !

So, I cannot use my enum number if I am always (almost always) registered through FWD. Too bad.

I tried gtalk, but it cannot send Video (works fine with audio, but my friends tell audio quality is worst than skype).

The solution is a Linux one (but I have not tested it yet): Ekiga. Multiple account registration, video, audio, SIP+H323 ! wonderful. But I do not use Linux at home (FreeBSD or Windows ...)

So, the ultimate solution is an Asterisk SOHO box dedicated to VoIP management.

I received an email (through sip-implementors ML) which announce pingtel opens a new SIP testing PBX gateway. Good thing. Not only for SIP implementors, but also for Security developer who needs to check that their control are not too rigorous. Good initiative.

Aucun commentaire: